Adding silver, brass, or black anodized standoffs to your wall plaque or display is a great way to add a professional look to your home office, corporate workspace, or business. Let’s jump into how to install them and have them look good for years to come.
Let's check out what you received from us in your order:
- Your new display or Plaque
- A stand-off kit with all its respective parts
- And a template for drilling holes
You can check out all our products that offer stand-off wall mounting: Here
Recommended tools to help with this install
- Power drill with 3/16” drill bit
- Painters tape to hold up the drill template
- Measuring tape
- A level is recommended
- A screwdriver and Allen wrench set
- A Stud finder can help as well
Now let’s get started!
- Begin by taping up our template where we would like our display. Take your tape measure and measure each end and the top and bottom of the template till all is at the exact location you want it.
- Take your level and line it up with the template center line and make sure it looks plum.
- When everything looks good, take your stud finder and see if you will be drilling into a stud or only drywall. If it will only be drywall, use the correct bit in your drill and use the drywall anchors that came in the box. If you are drilling into a stud, be sure to drill a pilot hole so you don’t break your wall anchor. Follow the instructions found in the Gyford box to see if you need to take the standoff apart or not.
- Next, drill your holes and install the anchors. Make sure to be precise and drill straight and not at an angle.
- When that is finished, you are ready to put your display up and screw on the caps of the standoffs.
- Last but not least, clean off any hand smudges or marks with alcohol from installation and you are ready to show it off!
I hope this article has helped you install your custom static cling. Feel free to comment below with any questions or if you have any other tips you want to share with others.